Notus Wind Turbine: HARM REAL – NOT HIDDEN
- Initiated when operation began.
- Easily Observed Symptoms:
- Physical or mental damage or injury.
- Impairs, hurts, devalues, weakens, etc.
- Diminished enjoyment for living.
- Home abandonment and financial loss.
- Rejection by community members.
Question: Is There Public Harm?
Answer: Yes … Public Harm Is Real!
Where Is Harm Hiding?
- Wind Shear
- Wind Speed
- Ambient Background
- Power Output
2014 – Harm is … ?
- Wind Speed – Misleads
- Ambient Background – Hides
- Wind Shear – Exacerbates
2014 – Harm Is Power Output!
Must Test Near Full Power Output
Stephen E. Ambrose, ASA, INCE Board Certified
Robert W. Rand, ASA, INCE
Principal Consultants, Acoustics, Environmental Sound & Industrial Noise Control
March 1, 2014
Download original document: “Wind Turbine Harm: Bruce McPherson Study 2014 Epilogue”
Presented to Falmouth Zoning Board of Appeals, March 6, 2014, and submitted to MassDEP Wind Turbine and Noise Technical Advisory Group. By courtesy of Wind Wise Massachusetts.
This article is the work of the author(s) indicated. Any opinions expressed in it are not necessarily those of National Wind Watch.
|Wind Watch relies entirely
on User Funding