Notus Wind Turbine: HARM REAL – NOT HIDDEN
- Initiated when operation began.
- Easily Observed Symptoms:
- Physical or mental damage or injury.
- Impairs, hurts, devalues, weakens, etc.
- Diminished enjoyment for living.
- Home abandonment and financial loss.
- Rejection by community members.
Question: Is There Public Harm?
Answer: Yes … Public Harm Is Real!
Where Is Harm Hiding?
- Wind Shear
- Wind Speed
- Ambient Background
- Power Output
2014 – Harm is … ?
- Wind Speed – Misleads
- Ambient Background – Hides
- Wind Shear – Exacerbates
2014 – Harm Is Power Output!
Must Test Near Full Power Output
Stephen E. Ambrose, ASA, INCE Board Certified
Robert W. Rand, ASA, INCE
Principal Consultants, Acoustics, Environmental Sound & Industrial Noise Control
March 1, 2014
Download original document: “Wind Turbine Harm: Bruce McPherson Study 2014 Epilogue ”
Presented to Falmouth Zoning Board of Appeals, March 6, 2014, and submitted to MassDEP Wind Turbine and Noise Technical Advisory Group. By courtesy of Wind Wise Massachusetts .