Evaluation of Robert Kennedy Jr’s Statements in West Virginia about Wind Energy: Deluded, Delusional, or Dishonest?
Attachment A [to this paper] lists quotes from Robert Kennedy, Jr. concerning wind energy, as those quotes appear in the transcript of a Forum on the Future of Energy on January 21, 2010, at the University of Charleston, West Virginia.
During the Forum, Mr. Kennedy made many statements about wind energy that are false or misleading and should not be allowed to stand without challenge.
It’s unclear from the transcript whether Mr. Kennedy has been misled by the wind industry, whether he really believes all that he said about wind energy, or whether he was merely hoping that no one listening to the forum or reading the transcript would challenge his false and misleading claims. …
1. Employment in the wind industry compared to employment in coal mining.
2. Mr. Kennedy’s false comparison of wind turbines with reliable electric generating units.
3. Mr. Kennedy’s false claims about china’s plans for building “wind farms.”
4. Mr. Kennedy’s misleading claims about the cost of building “wind farms” vs. cost of building coal-fired plants.
5. Mr. Kennedy’s false depiction of the us as “the Saudi Arabia of wind.”
6. Mr. Kennedy’s false claims about the cost of eliminating and replacing us electric generating units using carbon-based fuels.
7. Wind turbines and “wind farms” are not as popular as Mr. Kennedy implies.
8. The highly misleading “study” cited by Mr. Kennedy to back up his claim of job benefits from either a proposed “wind farm” on coal river mountain or a wind turbine, tower, and blade manufacturing industry in Raleigh County, West Virginia.
9. False and misleading claims about renewable energy installations in other states.
10. Mr. Kennedy’s false claims about the “efficiency” and competitiveness of electricity from wind.
Download original document: “Evaluation of Robert Kennedy Jr’s Statements in West Virginia about Wind Energy”
This article is the work of the author(s) indicated. Any opinions expressed in it are not necessarily those of National Wind Watch.
|Wind Watch relies entirely
on User Funding