[ exact phrase in "" • ~10 sec • results by date ]


[ Google-powered • results by relevance ]

LOCATION/TYPE

View headlines only
Archive
RSS

Subscribe to RSS feed

Add NWW headlines to your site (click here)

Sign up for daily updates

Keep Wind Watch online and independent!

Donate $10

Donate $5

Selected Documents

All Documents

Research Links

Alerts

Press Releases

FAQs

Publications & Products

Photos & Graphics

Videos

Allied Groups

Wind Power News: France

RSSFrance

These news and opinion items are gathered by National Wind Watch to help keep readers informed about developments related to industrial wind energy. They are the products of the organizations or individuals noted and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of National Wind Watch.


November 9, 2017 • Australia, France, U.K.Print storyE-mail story

Fury over ‘outrageous’ plan to erect wind farms on major First World War battlefield in France

France has been criticised over an “outrageous” plan to build a six-turbine wind farm on a First World War battlefield where thousands of British and Australian soldiers were killed. The proposal by French energy firm Engie Green to develop the turbines near the small farming village of Bullecourt has prompted a barrage of criticism in Australia and led to calls for the federal government to voice its objections directly to French president Emmanuel Macron. During two battles in April and . . . Complete story »


November 8, 2017 • Australia, FrancePrint storyE-mail story

Brendan Nelson pleads with France over wind farm proposed near WWI digger battle site

The director of the Australian War Memorial is pleading with French authorities to rethink building a proposed wind farm near the site of one of the most significant battles in Australian military history. There are plans to build six turbines near the scene of two 1917 battles during World War I that led to thousands of Australian casualties. War Memorial director and former Liberal defence minister Brendan Nelson said Australia should be consulted before any plans to build the wind . . . Complete story »


November 8, 2017 • Australia, FrancePrint storyE-mail story

Anger at wind farm plan for WWI battlefield

RSL members have expressed outrage at reports wind turbines could be built on the site of a World War I battlefield where Diggers are buried. There are reports a giant wind farm could be constructed where the two Western Front battles of Bullecourt in northern France were fought 100 years ago. The battles resulted in more than 10,000 Australian casualties. The president of RSL NSW, James Brown, told Nine.com.au he had received calls from members deeply concerned at the reports. . . . Complete story »


November 8, 2017 • Australia, FrancePrint storyE-mail story

France asked to explain battlefield wind farm proposal

The Turnbull government will seek urgent discussions with the French government over a proposal to build a wind farm on a French field where dead Australian diggers are thought to lie after the World War I battle of Bullecourt. Veterans Affairs Minister Dan Tehan said he would speak with his French counterpart to obtain clarity on the proposal. “I spoke to her six weeks ago we had a really good conversation about the need for our countries’ need to continue . . . Complete story »


November 8, 2017 • Australia, FrancePrint storyE-mail story

Government to seek clarification over wind farm plan for WWI battleground

Veterans’ Affairs Minister Dan Tehan says he will contact his French counterpart over plans to build wind farms on a World War I battlefield where at least 10,000 Australians died. Seven wind farm towers are proposed to be built on the site of two battles at Bullecourt that occurred in April and May 1917. Mr Tehan on Wednesday said the project had been “on-again-off-again” for at least the past year. The minister promised to reach out to the French government . . . Complete story »


November 8, 2017 • Australia, FrancePrint storyE-mail story

Pas-de-Calais : un projet d’éoliennes sur un champ de bataille où des milliers d’Australiens sont morts en 1917 fait polémique

Un projet écologique qui provoque une vive inquiétude. L’Australie a annoncé mercredi 8 novembre qu’elle allait demander des clarifications à la France au sujet d’un projet d’éoliennes sur un champ de bataille où des milliers d’Australiens ont péri en 1917. Cette annonce intervient au lendemain de la diffusion d’un reportage de la chaîne Sky News faisant état d’un projet du groupe Engie Green d’ériger plusieurs éoliennes entre les villages de Bullecourt et Riencourt-lès-Cagnicourt (Pas-de-Calais), dans le nord de la France. . . . Complete story »


November 7, 2017 • Australia, FrancePrint storyE-mail story

PM urged to stop wind farm on WWI battlefield

Prime Minister Malcolm Turnbull is being urged to intervene urgently to stop the desecration of Australian war graves in France by a company that plans to build wind farms on the WWI battlefield at Bullecourt. The two battles at Bullecourt 100 years ago cost Australia at least 10,000 casualties and the bodies of many of the fallen were never recovered. Others were found and buried but their names remain unknown. Sky News Contributor Campbell Newman’s great-uncle is among the fallen . . . Complete story »


November 7, 2017 • Australia, FrancePrint storyE-mail story

French plan for war grave wind farm sends chills to relatives

Plans to build a giant wind farm in a French field where vast numbers of dead Australians are thought to lie after the World War I battle of ­Bullecourt have outraged the ­soldiers’ descendants, including former Queensland premier Campbell Newman. The six turbines are to be installed directly where fierce fighting in two battles in April and May 1917 led to more than 10,000 Australian casualties – one of them Mr Newman’s great-uncle, Second Lieutenant Leslie Mullett. “It was his first . . . Complete story »


October 21, 2017 • FrancePrint storyE-mail story

Rule changes to spur French wind power projects within months: minister

France will propose rule changes within six months that will remove administrative hurdles and speed the development of onshore wind power projects, its junior ecology minister said. France, which depends on nuclear power for over 75 percent of its electricity needs, plans to ramp up the development of renewable energies during the five-year term of President Emmanuel Macron so as to reduce its dependence on atomic power. Lagging its European peers, France plans to increase installed wind capacity to 15 . . . Complete story »


October 20, 2017 • FrancePrint storyE-mail story

JPEE espère que son permis de construire pour un parc éolien à Villiers-Louis sera validé

Le développeur d’éoliennes JPEE, porteur du projet de Villiers-Louis, a saisi la cour d’appel administrative de Lyon après que le refus préfectoral d’accorder le permis de construire a été confirmé en première instance à Dijon. Le tout premier projet d’implantation de quatre éoliennes sur le territoire de Villiers-Louis remonte à 2012. Cinq ans après, les avancées sont minimes. Or malgré les coups d’arrêt, la société JPEE ne baisse pas les bras. Le développeur de parcs éoliens espère que la justice . . . Complete story »


« Later PageHomeEarlier Page »

Get the Facts Follow Wind Watch on Twitter

Wind Watch on Facebook

Share

CONTACT DONATE PRIVACY ABOUT SEARCH
© National Wind Watch, Inc.
Use of copyrighted material adheres to Fair Use.
"Wind Watch" is a registered trademark.
Share

Wind Watch on Facebook

Follow Wind Watch on Twitter