[ exact phrase in "" • ~10 sec • results by date ]

[ Google-powered • results by relevance ]

LOCATION/TYPE

News Home
Archive
RSS

Subscribe to RSS feed

Add NWW headlines to your site (click here)

Sign up for daily updates

Keep Wind Watch online and independent!

Donate $10

Donate $5

Selected Documents

All Documents

Research Links

Alerts

Press Releases

FAQs

Publications & Products

Photos & Graphics

Videos

Allied Groups

Plans withdrawn for 90-metre wind turbines in Lincolnshire village  

Credit:  Lincolnshire Echo, www.thisislincolnshire.co.uk/ 9 June 2011 ~~

Controversial plans for three 90m wind turbines in a Lincolnshire village have been withdrawn.

The wind farm had been proposed by Noble Foods at its site at Lodge Farm, in Beckingham, near Sleaford.

But North Kesteven District Council announced plans have been withdrawn less than two weeks before a decision was due to be made.

Had the turbines been approved, the energy generated would have been used to power its free-range egg production farm, which houses 50,000 hens. But residents living near the site protested over fears their village would be towered-over by intrusive turbines.

The three turbines would have been created in partnership with Wind Direct Ltd.

However, the scheme may not have been scrapped completely. David Jeffery, development manager at Wind Direct, said the application had been withdrawn to allow more time to address residents’ concerns.

He said: “It is our view that the issues raised in combination with the strict deadlines required to take the proposal to planning committee next Tuesday have disallowed us to respond to those issues in the complete manner which the project deserves and which the local residents are entitled to expect.

“It is our intention to take the opportunity afforded by withdrawal to consider necessary revisions to the scheme and its supporting documents and a comprehensive and inclusive manner.

“We continue to believe that Lodge Farm is a suitable place for a wind-energy scheme.”

James Finch, one of the residents of Beckingham opposed to the application, said: “We’re all delighted that the application has been withdrawn.

“We’re keeping an eye out because there’s a chance these plans could always come back, but it’s a victory so far.”

North Kesteven District Council’s corporate director Karen Bradford said: “The district council received confirmation from Wind Direct Ltd on Friday, June 3, that they wished to withdraw the application.

“As such, no further action will be taken on the application.”

Source:  Lincolnshire Echo, www.thisislincolnshire.co.uk/ 9 June 2011

This article is the work of the source indicated. Any opinions expressed in it are not necessarily those of National Wind Watch.

Wind Watch relies entirely
on User Funding
Donate $5 PayPal Donate

Share:


News Watch Home

Get the Facts Follow Wind Watch on Twitter

Wind Watch on Facebook

Share

CONTACT DONATE PRIVACY ABOUT SEARCH
© National Wind Watch, Inc.
Use of copyrighted material adheres to Fair Use.
"Wind Watch" is a registered trademark.
Share

Wind Watch on Facebook

Follow Wind Watch on Twitter