[ exact phrase in "" • ~10 sec • results by date ]

[ Google-powered • results by relevance ]


Go to multi-category search »

LOCATION/TYPE

View headlines only
Archive
RSS

Subscribe to RSS feed

Add NWW headlines to your site (click here)

Sign up for daily updates

Keep Wind Watch online and independent!

Donate $10

Donate $5

Selected Documents

All Documents

Research Links

Alerts

Press Releases

FAQs

Publications & Products

Photos & Graphics

Videos

Allied Groups

Wind Power News: Ontario

RSSOntario

These news and opinion items are gathered by National Wind Watch to help keep readers informed about developments related to industrial wind energy. They do not necessarily reflect the opinions of National Wind Watch. They are the products of and owned by the organizations or individuals noted and are shared here according to “fair use” and “fair dealing” provisions of copyright law.


November 7, 2019 • Editorials, OntarioPrint storyE-mail story

Unreasonable decision

As Canadians, we have rights and freedoms for which thousands of soldiers, who put the good of the country before their own wants and needs, fought and died. One of those freedoms was to have our day in court. To provide evidence and testimony to a judge and/or jury who would fairly evaluate that evidence and make a ruling. As Canadians, we should all be ashamed that Christine Burke, a well owner whose water was contaminated by pump-clogging sediment, has . . . Complete story »


November 7, 2019 • OntarioPrint storyE-mail story

In case you missed it: Province drops EPA charges

Concerned well owner Christine Burke’s second day in court took place in a shorter time span than her first one two months ago. And there won’t be another. At least not in regard to her charges against several wind turbine companies, a provincial ministry and its cabinet minister. That’s all thanks to the Attorney General’s office, who stepped in Oct. 30 at Provincial Offences Court to take over the case. Brian Wilkie, the AG’s representative in the courtroom, immediately withdrew . . . Complete story »


October 31, 2019 • OntarioPrint storyE-mail story

Lawyer says turbine fight isn’t over

The lawyer for concerned well owner Christine Burke vowed the fight would continue. Eric Gillespie, reached at his Toronto law office, told The Chatham Voice the decision this morning by the Attorney General’s office to take over the case and withdraw all charges has left Burke wondering the motivation by the moves. “Two of the five charges were against the government (Ontario Environment Minister Jeff Yurek and the Ministry of the Environment), and now the government has withdrawn the charges. . . . Complete story »


October 31, 2019 • OntarioPrint storyE-mail story

Charges against Ontario environment minister related to wind farms withdrawn, lack of evidence cited

TORONTO – A southwestern Ontario woman has lost a bid to take the province to court over some of its clean energy projects. Earlier on Wednesday, Crown prosecutors withdrew charges against Ontario’s environment minister, government staff and three companies involved in building wind farms. A spokesman for Environment Minister Jeff Yurek says Crown lawyers cited lack of evidence in their decision to drop the charges. They had stemmed from a private prosecution launched in July by Chatham-Kent resident Christine Burke, . . . Complete story »


October 31, 2019 • OntarioPrint storyE-mail story

Burke’s wind farm case tossed by province

Concerned well owner Christine Burke’s second day in court took place in a shorter time span than her first one two months ago. And there won’t be another. At least not in regard to her charges against several wind turbine companies, a provincial ministry and its cabinet minister. That’s all thanks to the Attorney General’s office, who stepped in Oct. 30 at Provincial Offences Court to take over the case. Brian Wilkie, the AG’s representative in the courtroom, immediately withdrew . . . Complete story »


October 30, 2019 • OntarioPrint storyE-mail story

CK well water contamination charges dropped

All charges have been withdrawn in the alleged well water contamination case against the Ministry of Environment, minister Jeff Yurek, and three wind turbine companies. The Attorney General intervened and ordered all charges to be dropped. Attorney General representative Brian Wilkie said there was not enough evidence to link the companies to the problem. The judge withdrew the charges in Blenheim court on Wednesday morning, saying there was no reasonable prospect of conviction because of the reasonable doubt cited by . . . Complete story »


October 24, 2019 • OntarioPrint storyE-mail story

Final farewell to green energy as turbines come down

The owner of farm land where one of four big industrial wind turbines stand in Prince Edward County hopes a lot of wind energy supporters show up this Tuesday morning to watch the beginning of the end of the controversial White Pines wind farm. Jen Ackmeran says the gathering is about “shaming” the Doug Ford government for cancelling what was to be a nine turbine development when four were already up and ready to go. She says the cancellation was . . . Complete story »


October 11, 2019 • OntarioPrint storyE-mail story

Pickering waterfront gets the wind knocked out of it

PICKERING – A familiar sight along the Waterfront Trail at Alex Robertson Park will soon be gone, but not without leaving behind a legacy. The Ontario Power Generation (OPG) wind turbine, which for the past 18 years has stood as a landmark in south Pickering, is in the process of being dismantled, a decision made after gearbox failure has left it out of use for the past year or so. But not only did it serve its purpose, according to OPG’s . . . Complete story »


October 10, 2019 • OntarioPrint storyE-mail story

Date set for dismantling of wind turbines in Prince Edward Country

Work to dismantle wind turbines in Prince Edward County, Ont., is set to begin on Oct. 15th. A decision that has caused many residents to urge the Ford government to rethink its decision. “In a climate emergency, we are tearing down a wind farm? It makes no sense,” said Jen Ackerman, a Prince Edward County property owner who hosts one of the turbines. The decision to cancel the White Pines Wind Project was one of the first moves of the . . . Complete story »


September 29, 2019 • OntarioPrint storyE-mail story

Story bigger than ‘just a man who showed his ass,’ says turbine project neighbour who denies ‘mooning’ crew

NORTH STORMONT – The stress and noise of living near three industrial turbine construction sites fanned a local man’s frustrations to the point of showing “not even half a moon” to a Nation Rise project worker while they mutually pointed cameras at each other. So says Randy Lamb, 52, nonetheless now accused with the whole Criminal Code charge of “Indecent Exhibition” after the Sept. 21 incident in North Stormont, where contractors for EDP Renewables are currently building the biggest wind farm . . . Complete story »


Earlier »

Get the Facts Follow Wind Watch on Twitter

Wind Watch on Facebook

Share

CONTACT DONATE PRIVACY ABOUT SEARCH
© National Wind Watch, Inc.
Use of copyrighted material adheres to Fair Use.
"Wind Watch" is a registered trademark.
Share

 Follow: