[ exact phrase in "" • ~10 sec • results by date ]

[ Google-powered • results by relevance ]


LOCATION/TYPE

News Home
Archive
RSS

Subscribe to RSS feed

Add NWW headlines to your site (click here)

Sign up for daily updates

Keep Wind Watch online and independent!

Donate $10

Donate $5

Selected Documents

All Documents

Research Links

Alerts

Press Releases

FAQs

Publications & Products

Photos & Graphics

Videos

Allied Groups

Legal bid threat to council to stop Hendy wind farm work  

Credit:  By Elgan Hearn - Local democracy reporter | 14 December 2018 | www.brecon-radnor.co.uk ~~

Powys County Council has been threatened with a legal challenge if it continues to allow site work on the Hendy Wind Farm to take place.

Complaints have been made by protesters that construction firms have already started work at Hendy/Llandegley Rhos near Llandrindod Wells before the planning permission discharges had been finalised.

PCC has inspected the sites and has conducted an enforcement investigation which came to nothing.

Jonathan Colchester, chairman of the Brecon and Radnor Campaign for the Protection of Rural Wales (CPRW) branch, said: “We have served on the council a pre-action protocol letter, addressing the legalities of the council’s position on enforcement.

“In it we demand that effective enforcement action is undertaken or we will issue proceedings against them for a judicial review of the enforcement function.”

“We have made repeated representations to Powys County Council to enforce a halt to these illegal works without any tangible result.

We have set out that the council has applied the wrong tests re enforcement action and has misinterpreted material points of law to reach their decision not to enforce against construction works, which are of themselves unlawful because they have not followed approved plans, and are being undertaken without discharge of pre-commencement conditions.”

A spokesperson for Powys County Council said: “We have received the pre-action protocol letter and will be considering the contents.”

A spokesperson for Hendy Windfarm said: “Since planning permission was issued on October 25, pre-commencement surveys have taken place and some machinery has been delivered to site to allow enabling works to begin.

“All land rights required for access across the common land are in place.”

In October, Lesley Griffiths AM, the Welsh Government’s Cabinet Secretary for Energy, Planning and Rural Affairs overturned previous decisions by PCC’s planning committee and planning inspector’s to reject the windfarm.

She considered the benefits of delivering renewable energy should outweigh the impacts of the scheme on landscape and visual amenity.

Source:  By Elgan Hearn - Local democracy reporter | 14 December 2018 | www.brecon-radnor.co.uk

This article is the work of the source indicated. Any opinions expressed in it are not necessarily those of National Wind Watch.

Wind Watch relies entirely
on User Funding
Donate $5 PayPal Donate

Share:


News Watch Home

Get the Facts Follow Wind Watch on Twitter

Wind Watch on Facebook

Share

CONTACT DONATE PRIVACY ABOUT SEARCH
© National Wind Watch, Inc.
Use of copyrighted material adheres to Fair Use.
"Wind Watch" is a registered trademark.
Share

 Follow: