First off, I’d like to ask everyone to join me in thanking and congratulating Commissioner Mike Kerschner on his huge victory Tuesday night, where Seneca County showed that no matter how much dirty money the outside big wind lobby spends, we, the people of Seneca County make the decisions here, not them!
The next thing I would like to ask the audience to do is to please stand if you oppose the industrial wind turbine projects that are proposed for Seneca County!
• Well over 2,500 people have signed our petition asking the commissioners to rescind the alternative energy zone.
• We have gone through more than 4,000 NO Wind Turbines in Seneca County yard signs to date
• We have had two massive public meetings where the attendance reached was over 550.
• We have 1,650 followers on our Facebook page.
• We have the support of our state representative, Bill Reineke; State Sen. Dave Burke; one county commissioner, Mike Kerschner; and many of our township trustees.
• Speaking of our our townships – we would like thank all the trustees who have listened to their residents! To date, seven out of the 10 townships have voted to intervene against the Republic and Seneca wind projects.
• Five townships out of the possible seven have passed resolutions asking the commissioners to rescind the AEZ!
Commissioner Shayne Thomas, if you truly organized this meeting in hopes for a compromise, I’d like to tell you and Holly Stacy that time has come and passed. Rescind the AEZ and vote to intervene against both Republic and Seneca wind or continue to stand isolated on your pro-wind island that is getting smaller and smaller every day!
|Wind Watch relies entirely
on User Funding