A Carbon County man is urging the county to show its support for residents’ concerns over a proposed wind turbine project.
Chris Lukasevich approached the Carbon County Commissioners on Thursday with a proposed proclamation in support of citizens’ concerns with the placement of wind turbines in Penn Forest Township.
He cited the potential adverse impact the project could have on the beauty of the natural environment within the area.
Lukasevich said that he is not for or against either of the groups involved in the current battle over the project, but just feels that a project like this could adversely impact the county’s tourism industry, as well as the environment.
The commissioners accepted his proposal but no further action was taken at this time.
In other matters, the board approved the following items:
• The resignation of Sharon Cimino of Mauch Chunk Trust Company as the community representative on the AAA Advisory Board.
• The appointments of Ann Marie Richmond of Mauch Chunk Trust Company to fill the unexpired term of Cimino as the community representative on the AAA Advisory Board, expiring June 30; and Marveline Costenbader of Palmerton to fill the unexpired term of the late Ronald Blisard as the consumer representative, expiring June 30.
• The clerk of courts appointment for Amanda L. Miller of Summit Hill as a clerical specialist, effective June 11.
• The prison board appointments of Dylan J. Flexer of Lehighton, Andrea Moyer of Lehighton and Michaelyn R. Ruggiero of Coaldale as part-time corrections officers at the prison, effective June 11.
• The hiring of Kelsey R. Ziegler of Andreas as a lifeguard, effective June 8.
• The changes of status for Kristy L. Hahn of Lehighton from county caseworker I to county caseworker II, Children and Youth Services, effective June 12; and Shawn M. Jones of Summit Hill from domestic relations officer I to probation officer I, effective June 25.
|Wind Watch relies entirely
on User Funding