Responding to an Aug. 8 letter: Nobody from Save Ontario Shores is opposed to intelligent clean energy.
• We are opposed to the placement of up to 70 wind turbines 650 feet high in the middle of a major migratory bird flyway.
• We are opposed to allowing wind turbines to kill our bald eagles.
• We are opposed to the erosion of property values ultimately reducing the tax base in Somerset and Yates.
• We are opposed to infrasound effect on humans and animals.
• We are opposed to the decimation of the bat population in our agricultural towns.
• We are opposed to an industry that will drive away residents, businesses and tourists, making it detrimental to future economic development.
• We are opposed to Apex paying less than its fair share of taxes through the use of a payment-in-lieu-of-taxes agreement.
• We are opposed to Apex’s misleading statements, incomplete information and scare tactics.
• We are opposed to New York State’s Article 10 removing home rule.
• We are opposed to increasing the cost of electricity to consumers while giving billions of our tax dollars to wind turbine companies. Mass implementation of wind turbines in countries like Australia, Germany and the Netherlands is proving to be an economic disaster. The consumer cost of electricity has skyrocketed.
Susan E. Dudley
|Wind Watch relies entirely
on User contributions