[ exact phrase in "" ]

[ Google-powered ]

LOCATION/TYPE

News Home
Archive
RSS

Subscribe to RSS feed

Add NWW headlines to your site (click here)

Sign up for daily updates

Keep Wind Watch online and independent!

Selected Documents

All Documents

Research Links

Alerts

Press Releases

FAQs

Publications & Products

Photos & Graphics

Videos

Allied Groups

Another wind farm motion loses  

Credit:  March 24, 2016 | www.wellingtontimes.com.au ~~

Another attempt to move a motion to show Wellington Council doesn’t support the already approved Bodangora Windfarm has been lost, 4-3.

On Wednesday night at the Ordinary meeting of council, a new health report which has been funded to look at the possible adverse health effects by windfarms was discussed.

Mayor Cr Anne Jones said she had brought the subject up again because of the many calls she had received asking that council not support the project because of the latest health report.

Cr Graham Cross said a position of neutrality was the best position in this regard because council shouldn’t take sides in a state government matter. He voted against the motion.

Cr Pip Smith said many in the community would appreciate us standing up for them.

“We have the chance because of the health impacts on our grandchildren,” she said.

In the end councillors Cross, Dray, Grant and Conn voted for the council to stay neutral, while crs Jones, Griggs and Smith voted for a letter to be delivered to the state government opposing the windfarm.

Meanwhile council’s acting general manager Karen Roberts says it’s getting on with business.

Grants for projects are being sought which don’t require investment by council until there is certainty on merger with Dubbo

The Wellington Caves Complex is receiving rave reviews following the completion of the first stage of the facility’s $1.15 million upgrade.

Member for Dubbo and Deputy Premier Troy Grant has congratulated Wellington Council on reaching this milestone and looks forward to visiting the caves to inspect the completed upgrade.

“I am proud that the NSW government has been able to contribute to this project which will benefit the Wellington community through increased tourism and increasing overnight visitors.

“It’ been great to see local tradies working on this project which has already contributed to local employment through these upgrade works, and will continue to do so through to completion.”

The Wellington Caves Complex project received $740,000 in funding through the NSW government’s Restart NSW Cobbora Transition Fund.

The initial stage saw a complete revamp undertaken of the complex’s roadside cabins with new roofing, flooring, kitchens, bathrooms and bedding installed.

Wellington Caves manager Jodie Anderson said it was great to see the reaction from the first guests.

“All of the guests were so excited to see what we had done,” Ms Anderson said.

“Some of the guests were people who had stayed in the units in the past and they were amazed by the transformation.”

Ms Anderson predicts the upgrade will increase the annual number of overnight stays to the facility.

“The work that has been done is exceptional and will only add to the experience visitors already take away from their time at the Wellington Caves,” she said.

Renovations on the seven cabins began in January with Wellington Council’s assets manager Stephen Parish taking the reigns as the project co-ordinator.

He said that where possible, local contractors had been sourced to carry out the work.

“The building, painting, electrical, plumbing, demolition and paving work has all been done by local companies,” he said.

“We have sourced a number of items for the rooms from Taylor’s Home D├ęcor.

“Each and every one involved in the project so far has been excellent to work with.

“We have also contacted the volunteers at the Wellington Museum to source a number of historic photos of Wellington and its surrounding villages which we will reprint and hang in each of the rooms.”

Work has now progressed to the next stage of the project which includes constructing a new laundry as an extension to the main amenities block.

Work on the second lot of units, the golf view units, is expected to start after the April school holiday period.

Source:  March 24, 2016 | www.wellingtontimes.com.au

This article is the work of the source indicated. Any opinions expressed in it are not necessarily those of National Wind Watch.

Wind Watch relies entirely
on User contributions

Share:


« Later PostNews Watch HomeEarlier Post »

Get the Facts Follow Wind Watch on Twitter

Wind Watch on Facebook

Share

CONTACT DONATE PRIVACY ABOUT SEARCH
© National Wind Watch, Inc.
Use of copyrighted material adheres to Fair Use.
"Wind Watch" is a registered trademark.
Formerly at windwatch.org.

HOME
Follow Wind Watch on Twitter

Wind Watch on Facebook

Share