Most of the newly-discovered neolithic stone row at Mynydd y Betws falls outside construction work on the multi-million pound windfarm, according to county council chiefs.
But officers say around five metres of the stone alignment will be dest-royed by the access road.
They were responding to claims by one of the UK’s leading heritage lawexperts that work on the 15-turbine windfarm should stop.
Peter Alexander- Fitzgerald of Rescue – The British Archaelogical Trust – wants a full survey of the site.
The county council said Dyfed Archaeological Trust was monitoring the situation.
“As advisers, the trust is confident that the developer is meeting planning obligations,” they added.
Meanwhile, Cambrian Renewable Energy say ‘previously hidden features’ were only revealed following a gorse fire since their archaeological survey was completed.
“As soon as the discovery was made, construction work in the area was diverted while we worked with Carmarthenshire county council and Cadw to fully survey the area and catalogue the finds,” they said.
“Wewill continue towork closely with experts from the county council and Cadw… to ensure that any finds are sensitively dealt with.”
Windfarm representatives are having further talks with Betws community councillors tonight (Wednesday).
|Wind Watch relies entirely
on User Funding