The U.S. government recently released several extremely disturbing reports showing:
1. 15.1 percent of U.S. citizens live below the poverty line.
2. 46.2 million Americans live in poverty – the most in our county’s history
3. 22 percent of all children live in poverty
4. Median household incomes have fallen back to 1998 levels
5. The effective unemployment rate, the unemployed and those who have stopped looking for employment, has climbed to 17.1 percent
6. America is 14.8 trillion in debt
Yet wind developers continue to line up at the free money trough to suck down state and federal subsidy handouts while our country hurtles toward bankruptcy and millions of our citizens suffer through the worst economic times since the Great Depression.
If wind turbines produced appreciable amounts of reliable clean energy one could at least understand the logic of wind subsidies, but the facts show otherwise. Turbines produce only around 20 percent of their claimed capacity in our mountains. Production is unreliable as our winds are not constant.
As a result fossil fuel power plants can never be shut down, so turbines do not reduce greenhouse gas emissions. Wind generated electricity is 80 percent more expensive that gas fired electricity. The entire premise of the wind power fad is false. Yet our politicians continue to throw our tax dollars away at this scam. Most of this money goes to foreign corporations like Spain’s Gamesa.
It is time to end all subsidies to the wind industry. Time to take care of our citizens instead of feeding our tax dollars to foreign corporations to perpetuate a scam. If wind power is so wonderful and a great investment, wind developers should not need subsidies to exist.
|Wind Watch relies entirely
on User Funding