[ exact phrase in "" • results by date ]

[ Google-powered • results by relevance ]


News Home

Subscribe to RSS feed

Add NWW headlines to your site (click here)

Sign up for daily updates

Keep Wind Watch online and independent!

Donate $10

Donate $5

Selected Documents

All Documents

Research Links


Press Releases


Publications & Products

Photos & Graphics


Allied Groups

Italian wind  

Airtricity, the renewable energy division of Scottish and Southern Energy, has entered into a joint venture with Italian wind-farm development company Entropya.

Under the terms of the agreement, Airtricity will own 60 per cent of the joint venture, with Entropya holding the remaining 40 per cent.

The new company will be based in Lecce in Puglia, southern Italy, and will develop wind farms at sites across Puglia, Basilicata, Calabria and Sicily. It is said to have a development pipeline in excess of 2,000MW at various stages in the authorisation process.

‘This deal with Entropya marks the start of our development in Italy, one of the most attractive renewable energy markets in Europe,’ said Paul Dowling, chief executive of Airtricity. ‘Airtricity has a strong track record in wind-farm development and we are very enthusiastic about developing and growing the portfolio of 2,000MW wind farms in Italy.’

The joint venture with Entropya follows the joint venture Airtricity signed with Swedish wind-farm developer Gothia Vind in April 2008.

The Engineer Online (UK)

3 July 2008

This article is the work of the source indicated. Any opinions expressed in it are not necessarily those of National Wind Watch.

The copyright of this article resides with the author or publisher indicated. As part of its noncommercial effort to present the environmental, social, scientific, and economic issues of large-scale wind power development to a global audience seeking such information, National Wind Watch endeavors to observe “fair use” as provided for in section 107 of U.S. Copyright Law and similar “fair dealing” provisions of the copyright laws of other nations. Send requests to excerpt, general inquiries, and comments via e-mail.

Wind Watch relies entirely
on User Funding
Donate $5 PayPal Donate


News Watch Home

Get the Facts Follow Wind Watch on Twitter

Wind Watch on Facebook


© National Wind Watch, Inc.
Use of copyrighted material adheres to Fair Use.
"Wind Watch" is a registered trademark.