[ exact phrase in "" • ~10 sec • results by date ]

[ Google-powered • results by relevance ]


LOCATION/TYPE

News Home
Archive
RSS

Subscribe to RSS feed

Add NWW headlines to your site (click here)

Sign up for daily updates

Keep Wind Watch online and independent!

Donate $10

Donate $5

Selected Documents

All Documents

Research Links

Alerts

Press Releases

FAQs

Publications & Products

Photos & Graphics

Videos

Allied Groups

Powys: Protests at Hendy wind farm site  

Credit:  By Elgan Hearn | County Times | www.countytimes.co.uk ~~

Protestors are up in arms that contractors have been on to the controversial Hendy Wind Farm site and seem to have started working early.

Powys County Council has confirmed that they have received complaints about the developers that has lead to enforcement action taking place.

This month a host of reserved matter applications to alter the conditions of the planning permission have been lodged with Powys County Council.

Until these are agreed, work should not take place.

Protest group “SOS Radnorshire” has highlighted the issue and has been trying to block work taking place there.

They said: “The developers at Hendy have started work. Four of us blocked the entrance again today with no resistance, just threats to call the police.”

The protestors go on to add that officers from Powys CC planning department have visited the site and the protestors urged more people to turn out and protest.

A spokesman for Hendy Windfarm said: “A number of allegations have been made against Hendy Windfarm which are simply untrue.

“Since planning permission was issued on October 25, pre-commencement surveys have taken place and some machinery has been delivered to site to allow enabling works to begin.

“All land rights required for access across the common land are in place.

“We continue to co-operate fully with Powys Council.

“As a responsible developer we are committed to maintaining a constructive relationship with the council and ongoing dialogue with key stakeholders and community representatives.”

Last month the project near Llandrindod Wells was given the go ahead by the Energy, Planning and Rural Affairs Secretary, Lesley Griffiths.

Ms Griffiths said the benefits of a seven-turbine wind farm outweighed negative possible impacts.

Powys councillors rejected it in April 2017 amid objections about the visual impact in a beauty spot and the threat to a protected public right of way.

A government planning inspector also refused the application.

Once operational it is claimed the wind farm could generate enough power for 10,000 homes.

Source:  By Elgan Hearn | County Times | www.countytimes.co.uk

This article is the work of the source indicated. Any opinions expressed in it are not necessarily those of National Wind Watch.

Wind Watch relies entirely
on User Funding
Donate $5 PayPal Donate

Share:


News Watch Home

Get the Facts Follow Wind Watch on Twitter

Wind Watch on Facebook

Share

CONTACT DONATE PRIVACY ABOUT SEARCH
© National Wind Watch, Inc.
Use of copyrighted material adheres to Fair Use.
"Wind Watch" is a registered trademark.
Share

 Follow: