Brenda Battel, Tribune Staff Writer | Huron Daily Tribune | Wednesday, August 29, 2018 | www.michigansthumb.com
BAD AXE – A wind turbine noise complainant, on Tuesday, suggested the Huron County Board of Commissioners contact another acoustician about a sound study.
Bloomfield Township resident Robert Gaffke was one of four members of the public who attended the 16-minute meeting.
He urged the board to call Robert Rand of Rand Acoustics, LLC regarding sound testing to address three complaints about wind turbine noise.
“He’s not anti-wind,” Gaffke said.
He also suggested board Chairman Sami Khoury, or the appropriate commissioner, contact fellow complainant Dale Hass to “get his side of the story.”
The board recently reviewed a proposal from ABD Engineering & Design, the same company that did testing for the county when the 2015 ordinance was being considered.
“I hope you give Rob Rand a call …” Gaffke said. “I think a lot of people would appreciate that.”
Gaffke then presented Rand’s phone number.
In other business, the board:
• Approved a contract with JLP Services, LLC for deer carcass removal.
• Created an Indigent Defense Fund to manage grant funding for the program.
• Purchased 10 iPads at a cost of $6,389 for the Sheriff’s Office via a Medical Marihuana Operation and Oversight Grant.
• Appointed Sarah Holz Durr as the survey and monumentation grant administrator.
• Moved to advertise vacancies on the following boards: Construction Board of Appeals – one member, 1.25-year term; Nature Center – five members, three-year term.
• Permitted the Huron County Suicide Prevention Coalition to place a memorial garden display on the lawn of the County Building, Sept. 6-14.
• Authorized signing of the Local Health Department plan of Organization Approval Form for submission to the state.
URL to article: https://www.wind-watch.org/news/2018/08/29/turbine-complainant-seeks-alternate-sound-study/