There are still no answers nearly two weeks after a wind turbine collapsed in Chatham-Kent.
The buckled tower and crumpled blades have not moved since the tower bent in half January 19 at Drake Rd. and 16 Line.
The Ministry of Environment (MOE) told Blackburn News that the turbine would be removed last week but the site remains untouched. TerraForm Power owns the tower and is still investigating the cause of the collapse. All 51 of the wind turbines in the area continue to be shut down and off the power grid until the cause is known.
TerraForm says it continues to make progress on the inspection. The power company also says it expects a portion of the Raleigh facility to return to regular operations in the coming two weeks.
The ministry says it’s waiting for an assessment report from TerraForm.
Blackburn News has learned that some of these investigations could take up to two months.
Nobody was injured during the incident.
|Wind Watch relies entirely
on User Funding