[ exact phrase in "" • ~10 sec • results by date ]

[ Google-powered • results by relevance ]

LOCATION/TYPE

News Home
Archive
RSS

Subscribe to RSS feed

Add NWW headlines to your site (click here)

Sign up for daily updates

Keep Wind Watch online and independent!

Donate $10

Donate $5

Selected Documents

All Documents

Research Links

Alerts

Press Releases

FAQs

Publications & Products

Photos & Graphics

Videos

Allied Groups

Wind farm officials update planners  

Credit:  Seth Stapleton, Tribune Staff Writer | Huron Daily Tribune | Saturday, August 5, 2017 | www.michigansthumb.com ~~

BAD AXE – The Huron County Planning Commission heard progress updates from three different wind farms in the county at this week’s meeting.

A representative from the Apple Blossom Wind project told planners the access roads and foundations are in, and the entire project is about 75 percent complete. All turbine components are expected to be delivered by late August/early September, and within two weeks after that, they will begin assembling the components at a rate of at least four or five turbines per week.

The representative told the commission the company’s commercial operation date for the wind farm is set for October.

At the Deerfield Wind Energy project, a representative explained that sound testing is scheduled to begin Aug. 7. There are currently four participants and four non-participants in the study.

The representative also stated that Dale Hass, who filed a noise complaint against Deerfield Wind Energy earlier this year, has yet to sign off on testing at his property.

While no one from Big Turtle Wind Farm was present at Wednesday’s meeting, a representative did speak with Jeff Smith, county building and zoning director. Smith reported that they have completed testing for the Phase 2 project, and are getting close on compiling all the information.

Their goal is to present their findings at the September planning commission meeting.

These wind farms were approved prior to the moratorium on wind development adopted by the Huron County Board of Commissioners early this year.

In other business, the commission heard from emergency services director Randy Miller. Miller explained that in the wake of President Donald Trump’s disaster area declaration in Bay, Gladwin, Isabella and Midland counties due to flooding back in June, Huron County could potentially get its hands on some federal funds.

“That actually effects us along the hazardous mitigation plan, because it opens up funding for the entire state for the plan,” Miller said. “So there’s potential for us to actually get some money from the feds to help with our plan.”

Miller said they will be setting up a conference call with Spicer Group next week to explore those possibilities and will have more answers at a later date.

Source:  Seth Stapleton, Tribune Staff Writer | Huron Daily Tribune | Saturday, August 5, 2017 | www.michigansthumb.com

This article is the work of the source indicated. Any opinions expressed in it are not necessarily those of National Wind Watch.

Wind Watch relies entirely
on User Funding
Donate $5 PayPal Donate

Share:


News Watch Home

Get the Facts Follow Wind Watch on Twitter

Wind Watch on Facebook

Share

CONTACT DONATE PRIVACY ABOUT SEARCH
© National Wind Watch, Inc.
Use of copyrighted material adheres to Fair Use.
"Wind Watch" is a registered trademark.
Share

Wind Watch on Facebook

Follow Wind Watch on Twitter