[ exact phrase in "" ]

[ Google-powered ]


News Home

Subscribe to RSS feed

Add NWW headlines to your site (click here)

Sign up for daily updates

Keep Wind Watch online and independent!

Selected Documents

All Documents

Research Links


Press Releases


Publications & Products

Photos & Graphics


Allied Groups

High Court proceedings served in wake of Curraghroe flooding  

Credit:  Roscommon Herald | June 27, 2016 | www.roscommonherald.ie ~~

A Curraghroe family whose home was flooded two weeks ago has served Coillte with High Court proceedings. In total more than ten houses in the vicinity of the Sliabh Bán wind farm were flooded in a freak downpour of rain. Now Olive and Danny Cox have sought injunctive relief in a case expected before the High Court next month.

Kevin P. Kilrane & Co Solicitors, who represent Olive Cox and her son Danny have issued a statement to the Herald this week citing the “serious concerns” that there would be reoccurrence of the flooding. “Our clients have issued High Court proceedings against Coillte owing to serious concerns that unless Coillte as promoters and developers of Sliabh Bán Windfarm are restrained by Court Order, reoccurrence of the flooding which occurred on 15th June, 2016 is inevitable,” the statement outlined.

Several homes in the Curraghoroe area of Roscommon experienced unprecedented water levels after heavy rainfall. Last week, Coillte representatives told the Herald that their investigations indicated “no causal link between work on the site and reported localised flooding”. However, the Cox family says it was “disappointed” at the lack of engagement since the flooding, which was now almost two weeks ago. “Our clients are extremely disappointed at the slow pace of response from the relevant stakeholders and the lack of engagement in relation to the problems presenting at Sliabh Bán Windfarm, given that we are now approaching two weeks post the onset of the flooding event,” concluded the statement by the Cox family solicitors.

When contacted by the Herald in relation to the legal proceedings, Coillte had no comment to make. Meanwhile, Minister Denis Naughten met with Coillte on Thursday last on the wind farm development at Sliabh Ban and pointed out the urgency of the situation.

Source:  Roscommon Herald | June 27, 2016 | www.roscommonherald.ie

This article is the work of the source indicated. Any opinions expressed in it are not necessarily those of National Wind Watch.

Wind Watch relies entirely
on User contributions


Tag: Complaints

« Later PostNews Watch HomeEarlier Post »

Get the Facts Follow Wind Watch on Twitter

Wind Watch on Facebook


© National Wind Watch, Inc.
Use of copyrighted material adheres to Fair Use.
"Wind Watch" is a registered trademark.
Formerly at windwatch.org.

Follow Wind Watch on Twitter

Wind Watch on Facebook