[ exact phrase in "" • ~10 sec • results by date ]

[ Google-powered • results by relevance ]

LOCATION/TYPE

News Home
Archive
RSS

Subscribe to RSS feed

Add NWW headlines to your site (click here)

Sign up for daily updates

Keep Wind Watch online and independent!

Donate $10

Donate $5

Selected Documents

All Documents

Research Links

Alerts

Press Releases

FAQs

Publications & Products

Photos & Graphics

Videos

Allied Groups

Mt Emerald wind farm developers extend deadline for Queensland Government decision  

Credit:  Nick Dalton | The Cairns Post | December 23, 2014 | www.cairnspost.com.au ~~

The developers of the $380 million Mt Emerald wind farm on the Atherton Tableland have extended a deadline for the State Government to make a decision on the project until the end of January.

While wind farm director John Morris initially set a deadline of last Friday, December 19, it has now been extended until January 30.

Marketing and communications manager Wendy Morris said the Department of State Development, Infrastructure and Planning had been notified of the change.

“I can’t comment any further … obviously it is a board issue,” she said.

Deputy Premier Jeff Seeney met opponents a month ago and has promised to reassess the proposal, after calling in the development’s application in June.

He said he would take whatever time was necessary to ensure all the issues that had been raised were properly considered and addressed.

His spokeswoman said his position had not changed.

“No time frame has been set,” she said.

Earlier, Mr Morris said the project was placed under threat by the delays.

He said it was ready to start, providing 150-250 jobs during construction as well as 15 permanent staff and ongoing goods and services from the business community.

The region’s three LNP MPs have thrown their support behind the Mt Emerald project with Member for Cook David Kempton saying he was “a strong advocate for the wind farm”.

“This project ticks all the boxes,” he said.

Tablelands Wind Turbine Action spokeswoman Jennifer Disley said the community had hoped Mr Morris would have honoured his threat and cancelled the project.

“We appreciate the deputy premier taking the time to meet with us and discuss the issues, which will affect thousands of residents, businesses and farms,” she said.

She also reinvited Mr Kempton to visit the area and hear their concerns.

Mr Kempton is on Christmas holidays and could not be contacted.

Source:  Nick Dalton | The Cairns Post | December 23, 2014 | www.cairnspost.com.au

This article is the work of the source indicated. Any opinions expressed in it are not necessarily those of National Wind Watch.

Wind Watch relies entirely
on User Funding
Donate $5 PayPal Donate

Share:


News Watch Home

Get the Facts Follow Wind Watch on Twitter

Wind Watch on Facebook

Share

CONTACT DONATE PRIVACY ABOUT SEARCH
© National Wind Watch, Inc.
Use of copyrighted material adheres to Fair Use.
"Wind Watch" is a registered trademark.
Share

Wind Watch on Facebook

Follow Wind Watch on Twitter