A controversial wind turbine application which had been due to go before councillors to vote on has been delayed.
The bid for the 45m tall turbine in Laxfield was on the agenda for Mid Suffolk District councillors when they met on Wednesday morning.
A section of residents from the village voiced concerns the turbine would be an “eye sore”.
Philip Isbell, corporate manager for development management, decided to withdraw the paper from the meeting. A council spokeswoman said more time was needed to examine the information gathered from the consultation carried out.
The authority had recommended to councillors they should vote down the turbine plans. According to the council paper the turbine would be “visually detrimental” because of its “inappropriate scale”.
A total of 80 people made comments on the application’s webpage – with 65 objecting.
The owner of the farm, where the turbine would be located, has said the village’s landscape had already been “impaired” by pylons and people “did not have a right to a view”.
He added the country needed to move away from relying on fossil fuels and called for a “proper debate” on the plans.