A wind turbine caught fire in Co Londonderry on Monday evening.
It happened at the Glenconway Wind Farm on Baranailt Road in Limavady at 9.30pm.
Local fire crews and the Specialist Rescue Team from Belfast were called to deal with the “substantial” blaze, which took hold of insulation material 130ft inside the turbine.
A thermal imaging camera and a gas monitor were used to ensure the fire was out.
A statement from the NI Fire and Rescue Service said: “Fire crews were on the scene for six hours before the incident was handed over to the operator of the turbine.”
It is believed the fire was caused by an electrical fault.
|Wind Watch relies entirely
on User Funding