[ exact phrase in "" • ~10 sec • results by date ]

[ Google-powered • results by relevance ]

LOCATION/TYPE

News Home
Archive
RSS

Subscribe to RSS feed

Add NWW headlines to your site (click here)

Sign up for daily updates

Keep Wind Watch online and independent!

Donate $10

Donate $5

Selected Documents

All Documents

Research Links

Alerts

Press Releases

FAQs

Publications & Products

Photos & Graphics

Videos

Allied Groups

Second St Mawgan wind farm application to be submitted this summer  

Credit:  Cornish Guardian | May 15, 2013 | www.thisiscornwall.co.uk ~~

Developers behind a wind farm application in St Mawgan, which is to face a full judicial review at the High Court, have said they will submit an identical application this summer to speed up the process.

Despite local objections, Cornwall Council’s Strategic Planning Committee granted permission for a 100-metre, five-turbine wind farm on land at Lower Denzell Farm, St Mawgan, in September 2011.

Earlier this year, William Corbett, a member of St Mawgan Parish Council, launched a one-man crusade against the council’s decision and won the right to a full judicial review of the planning permission granted by Cornwall Council.

However, Mr Corbett’s campaign could be scuppered after the developer behind the scheme, REG Windpower, announced plans to submit a second, identical planning application to Cornwall Council this summer “to cut the delay”.

It is holding a public consultation on its plans today, from 3pm until 8pm, at St Eval Community Centre.

A High Court hearing date is yet to be set.

A REG Windpower spokesman said: “Cornwall councillors voted to grant planning permission for five wind turbines at Denzell Downs in 2011. Unfortunately this democratic decision has been subjected to a legal challenge against the council’s processes.

“This has delayed not only the production of much-needed renewable electricity but also the release of a community fund.

“Therefore, while we expect the original planning permission will be upheld, we have decided to try to cut the delay by submitting an identical planning application this summer.”

He said letters had been sent out to local people highlighting its plans.

The legal challenge by Mr Corbett was thrown out by a High Court judge in 2012. However, a second judge subsequently permitted the case to be heard in a higher court in March this year.

Judge Nicholas Padfield, QC, said that Mr Corbett’s legal team had arguable grounds for saying the council’s decision was flawed, and granted permission for the challenge to go ahead. The review has been challenged by both Cornwall Council and REG Windpower.

Source:  Cornish Guardian | May 15, 2013 | www.thisiscornwall.co.uk

This article is the work of the source indicated. Any opinions expressed in it are not necessarily those of National Wind Watch.

Wind Watch relies entirely
on User Funding
Donate $5 PayPal Donate

Share:


News Watch Home

Get the Facts Follow Wind Watch on Twitter

Wind Watch on Facebook

Share

CONTACT DONATE PRIVACY ABOUT SEARCH
© National Wind Watch, Inc.
Use of copyrighted material adheres to Fair Use.
"Wind Watch" is a registered trademark.
Share

Wind Watch on Facebook

Follow Wind Watch on Twitter