- National Wind Watch: Wind Energy News - https://www.wind-watch.org/news -

Decision on Llandrillo wind turbines is deferred

A decision on a pair of wind turbines the same height as the Statue of Liberty has been deferred, again.

There has been a mass of objections to the two 50kw structures being built at land in Llandrillo with a staggering 90 residents submitting their concerns to Denbighshire County Council.

The application was to go in front of the planning committee on Wednesday, October 17 but was deferred until December 19.

The applicants have now submitted further information on “additional cumulative landscape and visual impact assessment”, deferring the proposal until 2013.

This has left objectors until December 20 to read the new details and submit their objections.

Karen Roden, from STEMM (Stop the Exploitation of Mynydd Mynyllod) said: “We were all set for it to go to the planning committee on December 19, but they were given more time again to ‘tweak’ the documents.

“There’s quite a lot of it to present any fresh objections.

“This is a very tight timescale given people are busy at this time of year.”

The location of the turbines is immediately adjacent to the proposed Mynydd Mynyllod wind farm, where Scottish Power hopes to build 25 turbines.

“A few people have complained to the council as we feel this is an inequitable situation and that objectors and other people who have been concerned should be given more time to consider the fresh information, especially as the applicant has now been allowed to defer on two occasions,” said Ms Roden.

A Denbighshire County Council spokeswoman said: “The application was originally reported to the planning committee in October 2012, however, members voted to defer the application to allow the applicant additional time to address concerns raised by the Countryside Council for Wales.

“The planning application was subsequently on the draft agenda for the December Planning Committee meeting, however the applicant then submitted an additional cumulative landscape and visual impact assessment at the end of November.

“The council could not take the additional information into consideration without also allowing consultees and the public the opportunity to review and comment on this information, and as such we took the decision to remove the application for the December Committee agenda and re-consult on the application.

“However, providing the council has not already determined the application, we would accept late consultation responses.

“It won’t be going to committee in January, and therefore it will be February at the earliest when the council determines the application.”