[ exact phrase in "" • ~10 sec • results by date ]

[ Google-powered • results by relevance ]

LOCATION/TYPE

News Home
Archive
RSS

Subscribe to RSS feed

Add NWW headlines to your site (click here)

Sign up for daily updates

Keep Wind Watch online and independent!

Donate $10

Donate $5

Selected Documents

All Documents

Research Links

Alerts

Press Releases

FAQs

Publications & Products

Photos & Graphics

Videos

Allied Groups

Turbine group withdraws appeal  

Credit:  December 7, 2012 The Wellington Advertiser | www.wellingtonadvertiser.com ~~

Oppose Belwood Wind Farm Inc. (OBWF) announced it has withdrawn its appeal of the wpd Springwood wind turbine project.

OBWF vice president Dave Hurlburt said the group withdrew its appeal based on two concerns.

“First, the (Environmental Review Tribunal) ERT ruled to dismiss OBWF’s motion to adjourn the hearing from Jan. 2 to Feb. 14. This motion had been requested as OBWF’s solicitor is unavailable until that date due to other hearings booked many months ago. The dismissal of the motion effectively meant OBWF would have to proceed with no legal representation,” Hurlburt said.

“Second, wpd had requested 10 years of medical records from OBWF’s witnesses. This would be impossible to achieve in the time allowed and would come at great expense.

“The ERT’s handling of both of these issues is consistent with the experience of other wind concern groups in previous ERTs under the Green Energy Act. It is the view of the OBWF legal group that the ERT process is a statutory regime that does not work. The six month time guarantee that the ERT must achieve under the regulations results in an unworkable system in which to present a proper case establishing serious harm to human health.

“The withdrawal will be with no costs awarded against OBWF. The OBWF legal group felt that for the reasons given, to proceed would not have been responsible on our part. It also would not be a wise use of community funds,” Hurlburt added.

“We will continue to research and seek out other legal avenues to present the harm to human health case and to challenge the Springwood project,” he said.

Source:  December 7, 2012 The Wellington Advertiser | www.wellingtonadvertiser.com

This article is the work of the source indicated. Any opinions expressed in it are not necessarily those of National Wind Watch.

Wind Watch relies entirely
on User Funding
Donate $5 PayPal Donate

Share:


News Watch Home

Get the Facts Follow Wind Watch on Twitter

Wind Watch on Facebook

Share

CONTACT DONATE PRIVACY ABOUT SEARCH
© National Wind Watch, Inc.
Use of copyrighted material adheres to Fair Use.
"Wind Watch" is a registered trademark.
Share

Wind Watch on Facebook

Follow Wind Watch on Twitter