The developer behind West Wight wind farm plans, rejected by the Isle of Wight Council earlier this year, has said it will appeal next year.
Isle of Wight Council planners rejected proposals from Dorset-based renewables company, Infinergy, for five 100m turbines on farmland near Wellow and Thorley due to the adverse visual impact on the landscape and surrounding Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty.
After the plans were rejected, Infinergy said it intended to appeal within weeks. This week the company told the County Press it now anticipated lodging an appeal next year.
•Meanwhile, a further re-advertised application for a proposed 74-metre wind turbine in Betty Haunt Lane, Newport, was published yesterday (Friday).
|Wind Watch relies entirely
on User Funding