[ exact phrase in "" • ~10 sec • results by date ]

[ Google-powered • results by relevance ]



LOCATION/TYPE

News Home
Archive
RSS

Subscribe to RSS feed

Add NWW headlines to your site (click here)

Sign up for daily updates

Keep Wind Watch online and independent!

Donate $10

Donate $5

Selected Documents

All Documents

Research Links

Alerts

Press Releases

FAQs

Publications & Products

Photos & Graphics

Videos

Allied Groups

Wind turbines plan withdrawn  

Credit:  Mid Devon Gazette | www.thisisnorthdevon.co.uk 21 August 2012 ~~

A controversial plan to put up as many as 20 wind turbines on land between Tiverton and Bampton has been withdrawn.

The scheme to site 5KW turbines a maximum of 21m high at Buckhayes Farm, Cove, brought more than 200 letters of objection to Mid Devon Council.

Last week applicant David Wills confirmed he would be withdrawing plans, but hinted he could revive them.

The letter to the council said: “I believe that we will draw up a plan for public consultations, and amendments to the site, and will be in touch with you soon.”

The withdrawal was welcomed by the Mid Devon branch of the Campaign for the Protection of Rural England, which opposed the scheme.

Julie Rudge, chairman, said: “We are somewhat relieved but it would appear that the applicant has realised he must have public consultation, which we did not have with the first application.”

“The CPRE is not opposed to renewable energy per se, but we believe solar panels and wind turbines should be sited in locations which are appropriate, and parts of North Devon and Torridge have already suffered as a result of these types of development.”

Tiverton and Honiton MP Neil Parish also objected. He said: “People come to live in Bampton and district to enjoy the wonderful vistas and beautiful countryside. Twenty turbines in a small site would be hugely detrimental to the area and be seen from miles around.”

Bampton Town Council also objected, citing visual impact, noise levels and access.

The company involved, Quietrevolution, said the turbines would have limited visual impact for those living near the site. It said it was eager to engage with individuals to discuss the scheme.

A PUBLIC inquiry into proposals to build a wind farm at Batsworthy Cross, North Devon, will re-open next month to give further consideration to road safety issues.

The application for nine 103m tall turbines near Knowstone was originally refused permission by North Devon Council’s planning committee last June. The applicant appealed against the decision and the refusal of another application to site an anemometer mast there.

A public inquiry opened at Bishops Nympton Parish Hall on June 12 and closed on July 6. It will re-open on September 20.

Source:  Mid Devon Gazette | www.thisisnorthdevon.co.uk 21 August 2012

This article is the work of the source indicated. Any opinions expressed in it are not necessarily those of National Wind Watch.

Wind Watch relies entirely
on User Funding
Donate $5 PayPal Donate

Share:

Tag: Victories


News Watch Home

Get the Facts Follow Wind Watch on Twitter

Wind Watch on Facebook

Share

CONTACT DONATE PRIVACY ABOUT SEARCH
© National Wind Watch, Inc.
Use of copyrighted material adheres to Fair Use.
"Wind Watch" is a registered trademark.
Share

 Follow: