[ exact phrase in "" • ~10 sec • results by date ]

[ Google-powered • results by relevance ]


LOCATION/TYPE

News Home
Archive
RSS

Subscribe to RSS feed

Add NWW headlines to your site (click here)

Sign up for daily updates

Keep Wind Watch online and independent!

Donate $10

Donate $5

Selected Documents

All Documents

Research Links

Alerts

Press Releases

FAQs

Publications & Products

Photos & Graphics

Videos

Allied Groups

Wind turbine going up despite quashed planning consent  

Credit:  The Berwick Advertiser | www.berwick-advertiser.co.uk 29 June 2012 ~~

A wind turbine is seemingly being erected at New Haggerston Farm, Berwick – despite having no planning permission.

Planning consent for a 34m turbine at New Haggerston, granted by Northumberland County Council in February, was revoked earlier this month by the High Court following legal proceedings brought by Cornhill landowner Andrew Joicey. Consents for three turbines (at New Haggerston, Wark Common in Cornhill and Brackenside, Ford) were quashed after the court ruled that Northumberland County Council had made errors in handling the applications.

But drivers going south on the A1 on Tuesday reported seeing a wind turbine being erected at New Haggerston Farm.

Mr Joicey said he was “very surprised” to hear that the turbine was being erected. “I have not seen it myself, but have already had calls from people who were shocked to see it and who are puzzled as to why it is being built when planning permission was clearly revoked,” he said.

He added that the legal action taken to the High Court was against the council, for not carrying out full and proper procedure in the process that led to the granting of planning permission–- there was no legal challenge to the applicants. Mr Joicey added: “If public confidence in the planning system is to be maintained, it is important that the council is seen to carry out all procedures correctly with regard to all applications.”

A spokesperson for North- umberland County Council said: “We will be writing to the developer today (Wednesday) asking them to stop work until we have determined the planning application.”

Source:  The Berwick Advertiser | www.berwick-advertiser.co.uk 29 June 2012

This article is the work of the source indicated. Any opinions expressed in it are not necessarily those of National Wind Watch.

Wind Watch relies entirely
on User Funding
Donate $5 PayPal Donate

Share:


News Watch Home

Get the Facts Follow Wind Watch on Twitter

Wind Watch on Facebook

Share

CONTACT DONATE PRIVACY ABOUT SEARCH
© National Wind Watch, Inc.
Use of copyrighted material adheres to Fair Use.
"Wind Watch" is a registered trademark.
Share

Wind Watch on Facebook

Follow Wind Watch on Twitter