The Town of Foxborough Planning Board, in accordance with the provisions of Chapter 40A, Section 5, of the Massachusetts General Laws, will hold a Public Hearing on Thursday, October 13th, 2011 at 7:30 p.m. in Foxborough Town Hall to consider the following amendments to the Zoning By-Laws of the Town of Foxborough, Massachusetts:
Article 1. Petition of the Planning Board. To see if the Town will vote to amend sections 3,7, and 11 of the Zoning By-Law and to amend the zoning map by creating solar energy regulations and changing the zoning on the “Closed landfill” off of Belcher Road from Ll Limited Industrial generally west of the present and former location of Spring Brook and R-40 Residential and Agricultural on the easterly side of Spring Brook to LI Limited Industrial.
Article 2. Petition of the Planning Board. To see if the Town will vote to amend sections 3 and 7 of the Zoning By-Law to create Renewable Energy Regulations for the construction and utility of “On-Site Wind Turbines” and “Utility-Scale Wind Turbines” in the Town of Foxborough.
7.5.4 Dimension and Density Requirements: No Wind Facilities, including any Wind Turbines, shall be erected or installed except in accordance with the following design standards:
1. Height: On-Site Wind Turbines shall be no taller than 100 feet. Utility-Scale Wind Turbines shall be no taller than 500 feet. The height of Utility-Scale Wind Turbines and On-Site Wind Turbines shall be measured from the natural grade to the tip of the rotor blades at its highest point. Utility-Scale Wind Turbines may exceed 500 feet if:
• The owner/operator demonstrates by substantial evidence that such height reflects industry standards for a similarly sited, Wind Turbine;
• Such excess height is necessary for the effective operation of the Wind Turbine or to prevent financial hardship to the applicant; and
• The Wind Turbine satisfies all other criteria for the granting of a special permit or site plan approval, as the case may be, under the provisions of this section.
2. Setbacks: Wind Turbines shall be set back from all residential structures on adjacent lots, public roads and lot lines (provided no setback shall be required from building or buildings which are on the same parcel and which are serviced by the Wind Turbine) by no less than a distance equal to the overall height of the Wind Turbine.
A full copy of the proposed articles is available in the Planning Department and the Town Clerk’s office for review during normal office hours or online on the Planning Board’s page at http://www.foxboroughma.gov/.
Kevin Weinfeld, Chairman
Foxborough Planning Board
|Wind Watch relies entirely
on User Funding