Energy firm Eon has lodged an official appeal against council moves to block a wind farm being built close to the Battle of Naseby site in Northamptonshire.
In December, members of Daventry District Council turned down plans for seven turbines to be built on land to the north of Haselbech because of the impact the development would have on the surrounding area.
Now, Eon has appealed to the national planning inspector to reconsider the decision.
The firm said: “We still fully believe our proposal represents the right technology, in the right location to ensure energy-security and combat climate change.”
The firm will however only ask the planning inspector to consider six of the previously proposed turbines, as one has now been removed from the scheme because Eon thought it was too close to housing.
After blocking the plans last year, Daventry District Council is expected to maintain its opposition during an official hearing on September 27.
In a report which will be seen by councillors next week, the authority’s community manager, Maria Taylor, said: “The case officer is confident the council’s case can continue to be argued robustly.”
Eon said the original wind farm plan would have produced enough electricity for up to 10,503 homes a year.
|Wind Watch relies entirely
on User Funding