Dear Whitley County Neighbors:
Please understand, I am the person who smiles at you at the grocery store or who waves as you are getting your mail. I am your neighbor. I am one of the most passionate nature and conservationist kind of person you may ever meet. I am your neighbor. However, I need your help. I am asking you to research and ask some serious questions. Check these out:
1. A project that is truly successful on its own merit does not need government subsidies (our tax money) to finance itself.
2. Whitley County is one of the smallest yet highly populated counties in Indiana and placing 40 story (higher than Statue of Liberty) industrial turbines with a total mount of approximately 100 turbines in the first phase and the possibility of a second and third phase is unbelievable!
3. None of the electricity stays in Whitley yet increases in our electricity will skyrocket while property values within two – five miles of this wind turbine farm will plummet. How does this benefit the county as a whole when three out of nine townships have just been sacrificed?
4. Millions and millions spent on this wind farm with plummeting property values and we end up with 10-15 maintenance jobs.
5. Studies are just being started at Purdue which has been projected to be observed for three years yet dropping energy facilities next to homes, people and wildlife right now is putting the cart before the horse. There is a box as big as a schoolbus just below the turbine blades that protects an engine with 250 gallons of petroleum and gear oils. These are not just spinning happily in the wind. These are industrial energy facilities!
Not all counties are a perfect fit for wind farms, we are a bedroom community to Fort Wayne and next to the Orthopaedic capitol of the world!
Thank you for listening.
|Wind Watch relies entirely
on User Funding