[ exact phrase in "" • ~10 sec • results by date ]

[ Google-powered • results by relevance ]

LOCATION/TYPE

News Home
Archive
RSS

Subscribe to RSS feed

Add NWW headlines to your site (click here)

Sign up for daily updates

Keep Wind Watch online and independent!

Donate $10

Donate $5

Selected Documents

All Documents

Research Links

Alerts

Press Releases

FAQs

Publications & Products

Photos & Graphics

Videos

Allied Groups

Minister calls in wind farm bid  

Credit:  ABC News, www.abc.net.au 2 February 2011 ~~

Victorian Planning Minister Matthew Guy has called-in an application for a three-turbine wind farm at Chepstowe, south-west of Ballarat.

The proponent, Future Energy, had taken the application to the Victorian Civil and Administrative Tribunal (VCAT) because it said the Pyrenees Shire had taken too long to make a decision.

A spokeswoman for the Minister says he wants to give certainty to the community.

Pyrenees Mayor Michael O’Connor says he hopes the process will give a sense of how the Government’s wind farm policy will operate.

“It will certainly give us the opportunity to work with the Minister’s appointed experts to get a good feel for what Government policy is likely to be in relation to wind farms. As a shire and a council we don’t really feel it’s been clarified for us now and this might be a very good starting point,” he said.

Substation

Meanwhile, the Moorabool council will determine its view tonight on an electrical substation proposed to service the Mount Mercer wind farm.

The council deferred a decision on the planning application last year because of concerns about the size of the substation and the impact on native vegetation.

It has now proceeded to the VCAT.

Mayor Pat Griffin says having a firm position on the application will help the council in VCAT.

“If it’s determined that we refuse just because we didn’t fulfil the permit requirements within a certain time period, it really doesn’t give our officers much to go on but if they get a firm determination that council has decided to refuse this permit, that gives them a firm position to take at VCAT as well,” he said.

Source:  ABC News, www.abc.net.au 2 February 2011

This article is the work of the source indicated. Any opinions expressed in it are not necessarily those of National Wind Watch.

Wind Watch relies entirely
on User Funding
Donate $5 PayPal Donate

Share:


News Watch Home

Get the Facts Follow Wind Watch on Twitter

Wind Watch on Facebook

Share

CONTACT DONATE PRIVACY ABOUT SEARCH
© National Wind Watch, Inc.
Use of copyrighted material adheres to Fair Use.
"Wind Watch" is a registered trademark.
Share

Wind Watch on Facebook

Follow Wind Watch on Twitter