A back up plan is being devised by Comhairle nan Eilean Siar should the Lewis Wind Power project be refused by the Scottish Government.
With a decision on the project expected in the very near future, it seems that a contingency option is now being looked at.
Speaking at the Outer Hebrides Energy Summit in An Lanntair yesterday (Monday), Vice Convenor Angus Campbell said that action would be taken to look at another option if the application is refused.
“If the Minister refuses the Lewis Wind Power project we should open immediate discussions with the community land-owners, the Development Trust and the developer to see how a new project, owned in a 50/50 manner by the community and the developer can be rapidly brought forward.
“We want to work closely with the Government on this and the Survey announced by the Minister will, hopefully, be a key component in developing that project in a fast track manner. And I would emphasise fast track!”
18 March 2008
|Wind Watch relies entirely
on User Funding