[ exact phrase in "" • ~10 sec • results by date ]

[ Google-powered • results by relevance ]

LOCATION/TYPE

News Home
Archive
RSS

Subscribe to RSS feed

Add NWW headlines to your site (click here)

Sign up for daily updates

Keep Wind Watch online and independent!

Donate $10

Donate $5

Selected Documents

All Documents

Research Links

Alerts

Press Releases

FAQs

Publications & Products

Photos & Graphics

Videos

Allied Groups

Wind Turbine Debate  

If most mornings looked like Sunday, foggy and warm, most people in the small Town of Glenmore probably wouldn’t mind wind turbines turning in the skies.

Since the fog won’t last forever, the future may well include dozens of the towering energy mills.

On Monday, three Town Board members will vote on adding eight 500-foot wind turbines on four pieces of property.

An energy company wants to lease the land for roughly two and half million dollars over 30 years.

Brown county, Glenmore, and the four landowners would split the money.

Seven more turbines could also be in the plans.

“We’ve got the state and federal governments promoting renewable energy, and I guess this is one way to go,” said Town Supervisor Fred Dobberpuhl.

Most people in town support the idea of alternative energy. What they don’t support is being the main provider of wind power for the whole community.

“I know there’s 72 counties in Wisconsin, and I’d just like to see everyone have their share before they put 15 more here,” said Jeff Jens.

Jens and some of his neighbors signed a petition asking the board to wait 90 days before making a decision on the turbines.

Jens says it’s a project with potential problems.

“I just want some assurances that everything they put in the ground isn’t going to cause any harmful affects,” he said.

“They’re concerned about their land values. They’re concerned about stray voltage. They’re concerned about health hazards, and this is something that the town board has to take into consideration,” said Dobberpuhl.

The Town Attorney will make a recommendation to the board Monday night at a public meeting.

After that, supervisors will make their decision.

wbay.com
March 25, 2007 07:31 PM

This article is the work of the source indicated. Any opinions expressed in it are not necessarily those of National Wind Watch.

Wind Watch relies entirely
on User Funding
Donate $5 PayPal Donate

Share:


News Watch Home

Get the Facts Follow Wind Watch on Twitter

Wind Watch on Facebook

Share

CONTACT DONATE PRIVACY ABOUT SEARCH
© National Wind Watch, Inc.
Use of copyrighted material adheres to Fair Use.
"Wind Watch" is a registered trademark.
Share

Wind Watch on Facebook

Follow Wind Watch on Twitter