First of all I would like to say that wind farms are probably a good idea in their place.
That place is not amid the populace of McLean and Woodford counties.
Only a few land owners would have something to gain at the expense of their neighbors.
Wind turbines are not a good idea in a populated area because:
1. They will certainly diminish property values in the area.
2. They are very ugly to look at.
3. They do make noise.
4. They are hazardous to and discourage wildlife.
5. They will not lower your power bill.
6. They will not lower your property taxes.
7. They may even be detrimental to the health of the public. We would be the guinea pigs.
8. They would in my opinion cost the taxpayers millions of dollars because Invenergy wants a multimillion-dollar tax break each year for 10 years on the farm land that is already heavily subsidized with taxpayers money.They in return would generate little more than a million dollars in tax revenues.
What a deal! It reminds me of the Bill Clinton free-trade deal with Mexico in 1993.
The McLean County Zoning Board of Appeals hearing will be at Heartland Community College Jan. 16 and 17, Rooms 1406 and 1407. See you there.
|Wind Watch relies entirely
on User Funding