An Bille um Rialáil Tuirbíní Gaoithe, 2014
An Act to regulate wind turbines through providing limits on the exportation of product generated from wind turbines; protecting nearby dwellings from noise and shadow flicker by providing minimum set back distances; allowing access to public consultative processes and related matters. …
(1) The generated product from wind turbines within the state and as regulated in 15 accordance with this Act, shall not be exported outside the island of Ireland, until such a time as the Minister is satisfied, subject to the conditions outlined in subsection (2), that the generated product is product which may be deemed excess product. …
Noise and shadow flickers
Every person applying for permission under the Act of 2000 to construct a wind turbine, and every operator of a wind turbine shall ensure the following—
(a) that the noise from the wind turbine does not exceed the noise limits specified in the World Health Organisation Guidelines for Community Noise (1999), or any preceding or replacement guidelines, and
(b) that the distance of the wind turbine is such that any shadow flicker from the turbine does not pass over the dwelling.
Set back distances
(1) Subject to the duties in section 4, the minimum distance between a wind turbine and a dwelling shall be as set out in subsection (3).
(2) If a number of wind turbines are proposed as part of the same development, then the minimum distance requirements in subsection (3) apply to each individual wind turbine.
(3) Wind turbines that are of a height which is greater than 25 metres shall be located not less than a distance of ten times the height of the turbine away from any dwelling.
(4) The height of a wind turbine is measured from the ground to the end of the blade tip at its highest point.
(5) The distance from a dwelling is measured from the base of the wind turbine to the point of the dwelling nearest the base of the wind turbine. …
Introduced by Deputies Michael Colreavy, Brian Stanley and Martin Ferris
13th March, 2014
Na Teachtaí Micheál Colreavy, Brian Stanley agus Máirtín Ó Fearghusa a thug isteach,
13 Márta, 2014
Download original document: “Wind Turbine Regulation Bill 2014”
This material is the work of the author(s) indicated. Any opinions expressed in it are not necessarily those of National Wind Watch.
The copyright of this material resides with the author(s). As part of its noncommercial effort to present the environmental, social, scientific, and economic issues of large-scale wind power development to a global audience seeking such information, National Wind Watch endeavors to observe “fair use” as provided for in section 107 of U.S. Copyright Law and similar “fair dealing” provisions of the copyright laws of other nations. Queries e-mail.
|Wind Watch relies entirely
on User Funding