Noise emitted by Wind Turbines shall not exceed 38 dBC, 35 dBA, or 5 dBA over background ambient noise levels, whichever is lower, when measured from the outside of the nearest residence, business, school, daycare facility, church, hospital and other inhabited structures.
Each Wind Turbine must be set back:
- at least 1,000 feet from the nearest property line and at least 5 times the rotor diameter of the rubine from the property lines of all adjoining property owners who have not granted an easment for a lesser setback; and
- at least 1,000 feet of three (3) times the total height of the Wind Turbine, whichever is greater, from any public road, railroad or power line right-of-way; and
- at least 1,000 feet of three (3) times the total height of the Wind Turbine, whichever is greater, from the nearest above-ground public electric power line or telephone line; and
- at least 2,640 feet fro the nearest residence, business, school, daycare facility, church, hospital and other inhabited structures; and
- at least 1,000 feet from all sinkholes to prevent groundwater contamination; and
- one mile from emergency communications towers.
Download original document: “Town of Union Wind Energy Systems Licensing Ordinance”
Download original document: “Town of Union Large Wind Turbine Citizens Committee Setback Recommendations Report” (24 MB)
This material is the work of the author(s) indicated. Any opinions expressed in it are not necessarily those of National Wind Watch.
The copyright of this material resides with the author(s). As part of its noncommercial effort to present the environmental, social, scientific, and economic issues of large-scale wind power development to a global audience seeking such information, National Wind Watch endeavors to observe “fair use” as provided for in section 107 of U.S. Copyright Law and similar “fair dealing” provisions of the copyright laws of other nations. Send queries to query/wind-watch.org.
|Wind Watch relies entirely
on User Funding