Presentation for McLean County, Illinois, with data.
This project …
– Will not produce significant amounts of electricity.
– Will not significantly reduce air pollutants of any kind.
– Will not reduce the United States dependence on foreign energy.
– May destabilize the local electrical grid.
– May, in ten years, turn northwest McLean county into an industrial wasteland of 400 foot tall rusting turbines.
– Will take almost 1,000 times (15,700 vs. 16 acres) as much land to generate about 100 times less (reliable) electricity than Invenergy’s own proposed 570 MW combined cycle gas-fired plant in St. Clair, Ontario.
– Will make Invenergy millions of dollars.
Download original document: “The Real Myths About Wind Energy”
This material is the work of the author(s) indicated. Any opinions expressed in it are not necessarily those of National Wind Watch.
The copyright of this material resides with the author(s). As part of its noncommercial effort to present the environmental, social, scientific, and economic issues of large-scale wind power development to a global audience seeking such information, National Wind Watch endeavors to observe “fair use” as provided for in section 107 of U.S. Copyright Law and similar “fair dealing” provisions of the copyright laws of other nations. Queries e-mail.
|Wind Watch relies entirely
on User Funding