Presentation for McLean County, Illinois, with data.
This project …
– Will not produce significant amounts of electricity.
– Will not significantly reduce air pollutants of any kind.
– Will not reduce the United States dependence on foreign energy.
– May destabilize the local electrical grid.
– May, in ten years, turn northwest McLean county into an industrial wasteland of 400 foot tall rusting turbines.
– Will take almost 1,000 times (15,700 vs. 16 acres) as much land to generate about 100 times less (reliable) electricity than Invenergy’s own proposed 570 MW combined cycle gas-fired plant in St. Clair, Ontario.
– Will make Invenergy millions of dollars.
Download original document: “The Real Myths About Wind Energy”
This article is the work of the author(s) indicated. Any opinions expressed in it are not necessarily those of National Wind Watch.
|Wind Watch relies entirely
on User Funding