Hamlin, N.Y., Town Board
- Regulation of the siting and installation of wind turbines is necessary for the purpose of protecting the health, safety, and welfare of neighboring property owners and the general public.
- Wind Energy Facilities represent significant potential aesthetic impacts because of their large size, lighting, and shadow flicker effects.
- If not properly regulated, installation of Wind Energy Facilities can create drainage problems through erosion and lack of sediment control for facility sites and access roads, and harm farmlands through improper construction methods.
- Wind Energy Facilities may present a risk to bird and bat populations if not properly sited.
- If not properly sited, Wind Energy Facilities may present risks to the property values of adjoining property owners.
- Wind Energy Facilities are significant sources of noise, which, if unregulated, can negatively impact adjoining properties.
- Construction of Wind Energy Facilities can create traffic problems and damage local roads.
- Wind Energy Facilities can cause electromagnetic interference issues with various types of communications.
Download original document: “Local law governing wind energy facilities in the town of Hamlin ”
URL to article: https://www.wind-watch.org/documents/local-law-governing-wind-energy-facilities-in-the-town-of-hamlin-ny/
URLs in this post:
 Local law governing wind energy facilities in the town of Hamlin: https://docs.wind-watch.org/ny-hamlin-wind_energy_ll-2008.pdf
Click here to print.