Huge Windmill "Plants" Fail as "Green Energy" and Fail to Provide Any Significant Amount of Electricity
A very good overview of the low benefits and high adverse impacts of industrial wind energy, courtesy of the Laurel Mountain Preservation Association.
- Introduction: Huge windmill “plants” cannot supply “green” electricity
- Huge windmills will not cause any coal-fired plant to go out of service and therefore will not reduce greenhouse gases
- It is a fallacy to contend that electricity produced by huge windmills can be considered for “renewable energy credits”
- Substantial energy is lost using the current methods of electricity production
- New technology and energy storage can provide realistic renewable energy
- Monetary incentives drive the continued construction of useless huge windmills
- Huge windmill “plants” cause cumulative negative impacts
- Huge windmills kill bats which control disease-carrying insects
- Conservation, preservation, and new technology can provide the solution
This material is the work of the author(s) indicated. Any opinions expressed in it are not necessarily those of National Wind Watch.
The copyright of this material resides with the author(s). As part of its noncommercial effort to present the environmental, social, scientific, and economic issues of large-scale wind power development to a global audience seeking such information, National Wind Watch endeavors to observe “fair use” as provided for in section 107 of U.S. Copyright Law and similar “fair dealing” provisions of the copyright laws of other nations. Queries e-mail.
|Wind Watch relies entirely
on User Funding