Huge Windmill "Plants" Fail as "Green Energy" and Fail to Provide Any Significant Amount of Electricity
A very good overview of the low benefits and high adverse impacts of industrial wind energy, courtesy of the Laurel Mountain Preservation Association.
- Introduction: Huge windmill “plants” cannot supply “green” electricity
- Huge windmills will not cause any coal-fired plant to go out of service and therefore will not reduce greenhouse gases
- It is a fallacy to contend that electricity produced by huge windmills can be considered for “renewable energy credits”
- Substantial energy is lost using the current methods of electricity production
- New technology and energy storage can provide realistic renewable energy
- Monetary incentives drive the continued construction of useless huge windmills
- Huge windmill “plants” cause cumulative negative impacts
- Huge windmills kill bats which control disease-carrying insects
- Conservation, preservation, and new technology can provide the solution
This article is the work of the author(s) indicated. Any opinions expressed in it are not necessarily those of National Wind Watch.
|Wind Watch relies entirely
on User Funding