LS Power wants to build its wind project on public land – our land. It belongs to all of us. Our voices matter!
We are a community group standing up for ourselves and Idaho. In order to protect our home, we need to band together and let all stories and opinions be heard. We aim to educate people about the project, share ways people can help stop the project, and advocate our cause to local and state government leaders. Many believe that the project is approved and there is nothing we can do. We CAN do something, and we will do everything we can to protect our homes, lands, and livelihoods.
Public Open House
Thursday, July 14th
At the Messersmith Building,
Jerome County Fairgrounds
Come and learn more about the wind turbine projects in our area and their impacts!
and General Project Information
We can make a difference. This is NOT a done deal.
We need to tell Our Personal Stories and how the project will impact us, our families, and community.
We need your help.
What you can do:
- Email or call your U.S. Congressional Delegates:
Rep. Mike Simpson – Linda Culver, 208-734-7219, Linda.Culver@mail.house.gov
Sen. Mike Crapo – Samantha Marshall, 208-734-2515, Samantha_Marshall@crapo.senate.gov
Sen. Jim Risch – Mike Mathews, 208-734-6780, Mike_Mathews@Risch.senate.gov
- Contact county commissioners who are serving on the BLM Lava Ridge Subcommittee and share your concerns:
Commissioner Ben Crouch, Jerome County, at email@example.com
Commissioner Rebecca Wood, Lincoln County, at firstname.lastname@example.org and 208-320-1387 (cell) and 208-886-0011 (cell)
Commissioner Wayne Shenk, Minidoka County at email@example.com and 208-670-2202
- Contact County Commissioners – Tell your personal story and how the project impacts you, your family, and your community.
Jerome County www.jeromecountyid.us/
Lincoln County lincolncountyid.us/commissioners-2/
Minidoka County www.minidoka.id.us/246/County-Commissioners
- Join us for a BLM in-person public comment period on Wednesday, June 15 at the BLM’s Twin Falls District Office, 2878 Addison Ave. E, Twin Falls.
Public comment is from 4:45-5:15 PM
Please email MJ Byrne firstname.lastname@example.org to ask to be added to the list of speakers.
Also, you can submit written comments to email@example.com to share with the Lava Ridge Subcommittee. There is no deadline for written comments.
- Email or call your County Commissioners, attend County Commissioner meetings.
- Share information with us. Tell your friends and family about the project.
- Contact BLM Shoshone Field Office.
- Email/write a letter to state and local BLM officials. We have been assured that they want YOUR stories. Be personal and polite, but passionate!
- Contact BLM RAC.
Attend Public Comment Meetings in July, Aug, Oct.
- Watch for the BLM Draft EIS report in August.
- Encourage your friends and neighbors to learn more at www.stoplavaridge.com and share information with us at firstname.lastname@example.org and on Facebook.