[ exact phrase in "" • ~10 sec • results by date ]

[ Google-powered • results by relevance ]


LOCATION/TYPE

View headlines only
Archive
RSS

Subscribe to RSS feed

Add NWW headlines to your site (click here)

Sign up for daily updates

Keep Wind Watch online and independent!

Donate $10

Donate $5

Selected Documents

All Documents

Research Links

Alerts

Press Releases

FAQs

Publications & Products

Photos & Graphics

Videos

Allied Groups

Wind Power News: Ontario

RSSOntario

These news and opinion items are gathered by National Wind Watch to help keep readers informed about developments related to industrial wind energy. They are the products of the organizations or individuals noted and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of National Wind Watch.


July 18, 2018 • OntarioPrint storyE-mail story

Interim wind turbine report released for Huron County

An interim report has been released on the health effects of wind turbines in Huron County. Health Unit officials began recruiting residents living near turbines in October of 2017. Epidemiologist, Dr. Erica Clark, says 105 eligible residents have consented to the study, so far, with only 40 having completed the Registration Survey. Results at this point show approximately 60 per cent of respondents report they have been bothered, disturbed, or annoyed by noise, vibration, light and/or sensations from turbines. Clark . . . Complete story »


July 17, 2018 • OntarioPrint storyE-mail story

Otter Creek project among contract casualties

“The Otter Creek project was not in the best interests of the people of Ontario and specifically, of course, not for this community,” said Violet Towell, a spokesperson for the citizens’ group Wallaceburg and Area Wind Concerns. “That’s not to mention all the costs that are affecting our electricity bills and worsening energy poverty, so yeah, we’re very pleased we’re moving in this direction because we’ve had so many concerns,” Towell said. The cancellations don’t include the most controversial Chatham-Kent project, the 34-turbine North Kent Wind Project developed by Korean industrial giant Samsung and U.S.-based Pattern Energy Group. Already operating, the project spawned the formation of Water Wells First, a citizens group that remains active over concerns that vibrations from the construction and operation of the wind turbines have damaged private water wells in the area. Complete story »


July 17, 2018 • OntarioPrint storyE-mail story

Wind farm project shelved

Good news for Wallaceburg area residents came Friday from Queen’s Park, as Premier Doug Ford followed through on his promise to cancel renewable energy projects in Ontario. In a release Friday, Ontario Minister of Energy, Northern Development and Mines Greg Rickford announced ratepayers will benefit from $790 million in savings thanks to the government’s decision to cancel and wind down 758 renewable energy contracts, including the Wallaceburg Otter Creek Wind Farm project. “We clearly promised we would cancel these unnecessary . . . Complete story »


July 16, 2018 • OntarioPrint storyE-mail story

Tories zap 200+ Southwestern Ontario green energy contracts

More than 200 Southwestern Ontario projects, including one of the most controversial wind farms in Ontario, are among the death toll of the new Tory government’s mass cancellation of contracts with renewable energy producers. The doomed projects, announced by Doug Ford’s government as it underlined its vow to cut electricity bills by 12 per cent, number 758 provincewide including proposed wind farms with highrise-sized turbines and several hydro-electric projects. Solar energy contracts, large and small, dominate the list of deals . . . Complete story »


July 14, 2018 • OntarioPrint storyE-mail story

Tories kill controversial Dutton Dunwich wind project

TORONTO – Ontario’s new Progressive Conservative government is cancelling 758 renewable energy contracts, including one for a massive wind farm near London where area residents voted overwhelmingly against wind turbines but had them imposed on them by the former Liberal government. The Tory government says the cancellations are part of its effort to reduce Ontarians electricity bills. Energy Minister Greg Rickford said the move will save provincial ratepayers $790 million – a figure industry officials dispute, saying the cancellations will . . . Complete story »


July 14, 2018 • OntarioPrint storyE-mail story

Ontario cancels wind, solar contracts as Ford moves on energy overhaul

Ontario’s new Progressive Conservative government is cancelling 758 contracts with renewable power developers, as Premier Doug Ford moves quickly to reshape the province’s energy markets and fulfill a promise to reduce electricity rates. In announcing the cancellations, Energy Minister Greg Rickford said Ontario ratepayers would benefit from $780-million in savings. Those savings are over the life of the 20-year contracts or roughly $40-million a year, equal to 0.2 per cent of the $20-billion electricity market. “We clearly promised we would . . . Complete story »


July 13, 2018 • OntarioPrint storyE-mail story

Otter Creek Wind Farm making turbine foundation changes

The owners of the proposed 12-turbine Otter Creek Wind Farm north of Wallaceburg say they will not be using foundations that require pile driving, and will instead be using a spreadfoot system that requires a few metres of foundation depth. Boralex said the decision was made to appease members of the community who have expressed concern over pile driving. Adam Rosso, director of project development for the Otter Creek Wind Farm project, said after doing research and analysis on other . . . Complete story »


July 12, 2018 • OntarioPrint storyE-mail story

Ford government says cancelling wind farm won’t cost taxpayers

TORONTO— Premier Doug Ford’s government says its cancellation of an energy project nearing completion won’t cost taxpayers any money. On Tuesday wpd Canada said the cancellation of the White Pines wind farm would cost ratepayers more than $100 million, but Government House Leader Todd Smith said Wednesday morning that the government is crafting legislation to avoid those costs. The project was supposed to include nine wind turbines in Prince Edward County. In the bill, Smith said, “we put in a . . . Complete story »


July 11, 2018 • OntarioPrint storyE-mail story

White Pines charged under Environmental Protection Act

While not yet operational, the White Pines Wind Project is drawing scrutiny from the Ministry of Environment, Conservation and Parks. A lawyer representing the nine-turbine industrial wind project was in the provincial offences court on King Street in Picton on Friday as the project is facing three charges stemming from alleged contraventions discovered by Ministry officials in May. Making its first court appearance in relation to the matter, wpd was answering three charges of failing to maintain a silt fence, . . . Complete story »


July 11, 2018 • OntarioPrint storyE-mail story

MPP Smith announces cancellation of turbine project in Prince Edward County

UPDATE: County residents were protesting the wpd Canada industrial wind turbines at Bond and County Road 10 when they heard the news Tuesday of the project’s pending cancellation. “Today’s citizen action photo opportunity at Bond Road and County Road 10 was a great success with 40 to 50 participants coming out to demonstrate their anger and dismay towards the IESO for issuing a Notice to Proceed (NTP) to wpd White Pines Wind Inc, after the election campaign was under way,” . . . Complete story »


Earlier Page »

Get the Facts Follow Wind Watch on Twitter

Wind Watch on Facebook

Share

CONTACT DONATE PRIVACY ABOUT SEARCH
© National Wind Watch, Inc.
Use of copyrighted material adheres to Fair Use.
"Wind Watch" is a registered trademark.
Share

Wind Watch on Facebook

Follow Wind Watch on Twitter